Nintendo reveals New Pokemon Snap release date alongside a trailer. What do we know about the game? Check the all details.
We have great news for Pokemon lovers! Nintendo has announced the release date of New Pokemon Snap, one of its next big Switch exclusive. New Pokemon Snap is coming on April 30th.
Nintendo has also released a trailer to celebrate the release date announcement. You can also pre-order the game starting January 14.
Pokemon also shared a special video with Katy Perry to celebrate its 25th anniversary on Youtube.
What’s New Pokemon Snap?
Nintendo‘s new game is being developed by Bandai Namco Studios. This exclusive game is a spin-off of the classic Nintendo 64 game.
It takes players to the Lental region, where they can explore various islands and snap photos of Pokemon in the wild. Players will tour the Lental islands in an on-rails vehicle known as the Neo-One through various paths. The photos you take will build up your Photodex, and Nintendo promises that you’ll be able to discover “new, never-before-seen Pokemon expressions and behaviors.”
In addition, players will work with Professor Mirror and his assistant Rita on “an ecological survey to photograph Lental Pokémon thriving in nature.”
Here are the official features of the game:
- See a different side of Pokémon in a new photo-snapping adventure, only on Nintendo Switch.
- Research various Pokémon in their natural habitats and capture Pokémon behaviors that you’ve never seen before.
- Explore unknown islands with scenery like lush jungles and tropical beaches throughout your journey.
- Take in-game photos to make your very own Pokémon Photodex.
Preorder New Pokemon Snap
As of January 14, New Pokemon Snap is available for preorder. You can see all retailers that have New Pokemon Snap available for preorder.
- Get it at Amazon – $59.99
- Get it at Best Buy – $59.99
- Get it at GameStop – $59.99
- Get it on the eShop – $59.99